Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU):
Our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is well equipped to deliver efficient tertiary care to neonates. It has an area for isolation of neonates, and is well staffed and equipped. The The NICU is easily accessible to the labour ward, facilitating smooth transfer of critical babies.
Paediatric Intensive Care:
The older children who are very sick are managed.
Specialities – Pediatric Surgery:
The department of Paediatric Surgery at Prince Aly Khan Hospital has state-of-the-art modern equipment, and technologies for routine procedures and complex surgeries. Supported by a well equipped PICU with facilities for ventilation managed primarily by Paediatric Care Intensivist and skilled general Paediatricians as well.
The Paediatric Surgery Division at Prince Aly Khan Hospital Hospital provides comprehensive general and specialized surgical treatment of a wide range of congenital (existing at birth) and acquired conditions (affecting children from birth through young adulthood).
We are committed to offering the highest level of Pediatric Surgical Services through fully-trained Pediatric Surgeons a Pediatric Surgeon is a general surgeon who has been trained specifically to care for infants and children with surgical problems. Representing general and specialty surgical disciplines, these outstanding surgeons have improved the quality of life for countless newborns, children and adolescents.
Your child’s anesthetic is supervised at all times by an anesthesiologist who has received specialty training in Pediatric Anesthesia. Many of the anesthesiologists also trained in Pediatrics and Critical Care.
Our pediatric surgeons are known for a wide range of expertise for care of infants and children with life threatening cardio-respiratory failure, minimal access surgery of the chest and abdomen, childhood surgical oncology care, pre and postnatal care of congenital birth defects, pediatric trauma, and vascular malformations.
- Diaphragmatic hernia repair
- Division of vascular ring
- Excision of Mediastinal mass
- Empyema surgery
- Lung Biopsy, Excision of lung cyst, lung resection, etc.
- Surgery for choledochal cyst
- Partial Hepatectomy
- Fulguration of P.U.Valves
- Anti reflux surgeries
- Orchidopexy (laparoscopic and open)
- Surgery for Hypospadias and intersex problems
- Colonic replacement
- Gastric pull up
- T.O. Fistula repair
- Hirschsprung`s disease
For any abnormality or birth defect of the foetus with the help of obstetricians, neonatologists, paediatric surgeons, sonologist, social worker and geneticist.
- Diaphragmatic hernia
- Tracheo oesophageal fistula
- Intestinal atresia
- Intra abdominal cysts
- Hirschsprung`s disease (one stage pull through)
- Orchidopexy (Non Palpable Undescended Testis)
- Diagnostic laparoscopy in chronic and recurrent abdominal pain, bleeding PR (per rectum)
- One Stage Laparoscopic Surgery for Hirschsprung’s disease (Without colostomy)
- Nissen Fundoplication and Pyloromyotomy
- Cholecystectomy and Splenectomy
- Excision of mesenteric cysts, ovarian cysts and other abdominal cysts
- Surgery for Malrotation of small bowel
- Surgery for Meckle’s diverticulum
- Retroperitoneal lymph node biopsy, Nephrectomy and Nephroureterectomy
- Repair of Diaphragmatic Hernia
- Ovarian surgery
- All most all surgeries in abdomen
- Empyema decortications
- PDA ligation
- Mediastinal mass / biopsies
- Lung biopsy
Treatment of congenital spinal conditions, neonatal intraventricular haemorrhage, myelomeningocoel, hydrocephalus and paediatric tumours, in association with the paediatric neurosurgery service.
Short and long term vascular access. Ports and Broviac catheters.