Nephrology is an essential super speciality required in every tertiary care center.
Prince Aly Khan Hospital has a well-equipped Nephrology Department that takes care of all kidney problems.
A wide range of renal disorders ranging from the early phases of renal disease to patients presenting with end stage renal disease are seen.
The consultants are supported by well-trained nursing staff and dialysis technicians.
Facilities available at Prince Aly Khan Hospital:
- Well-equipped Haemodialyses unit with 7 bicarbonate hemodialysis machines with advanced technology having volumetric ultrafiltration and sodium profiling to provide better patient safety.
- Water treatment plant (reverse osmosis plant) proving quality water for effective and safe dialysis.
- Haemodialyses unit equipped with cardiac monitor, central oxygen supply and other emergency treatment facilities for critically ill patients.
- Haemodialyses in the critical care unit for patients on ventilators and other critically ill patients unable to be shifted to the hemodialysis unit.
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) – the facility to treat multi-organ dysfunction, septicemia, refractory CCF, patients having hemodynamic instability, performed in the ICU.
- Acute Peritoneal dialysis in the ICU.
- Continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD) and CAPD training facilities for end-stage renal failure patients.
- Kidney Biopsies.
- Kidney transplant surgery including pre, peri and post operative management of renal transplant patients.
The salient features of our dialysis department:
- We function from 7 am to 11 pm with night dialysis facility as and when required.
- More than 500 Haemodialyses are performed per month.
- We have highly experienced technicians and nursing staff. Dialysis under taken with
supervision and guidance of consultants.
- Separate machine for Hepatitis C virus positive patients.
Regular educations programmes for patients / staff / Doctors.