The department of Hematology is a full-fledged specialty department. Department is engaged in the treatment of various blood disorders. Evaluation of Anemia, Coagulation Disorders, Hemolysis, Thalassaemia, Hameoglobinopathies, Leukemias, Bleeding disorders, Nutritional etc.
The Hematology department has facilities for testing entire Hematological profile including coagulation profile and performs Bone Marrow aspirations, biopsies and treating Leukemia patients. The Department also has a Transfusion Medical Unit where blood transfusion is administered to Thalassaemia patients and those suffering from severe Anaemia.
The objectives of the Hematology diagnostic service in this hospital are to provide accurate and reliable test results.
The department has made rapid strides in developing diagnostic facilities for groups of disorders such as hemopoietic malignancies, coagulation disorders, Thalassaemia & Hemoglobinopathies, Auto-immune disorders etc and utilises state-of-the-art technology (including flow cytometry).
- Screening for possible abnormality: pre-operative blood tests, ante-natal screening, health check-up
- Diagnose or exclude blood disease or to help establish a specific diagnosis
- Monitor treatment and provide appropriate supportive care
- Provide haematological tests in an emergency 24-hours a day
- Provide specialist investigations necessary for diagnosis & / or monitoring of blood
- Evaluate new methods and equipment