The field of endocrinology in diseases of the endocrine glands. These glands release hormones directly into the circulatory system. Common conditions treated by endocrinologists are diabetes mellitus, thyroid, obesity, PCOD, etc.
The department of endocrinology at Prince Aly Khan Hospital offers comprehensive services in the diagnosis, treatment and management of all hormonal disorders.
Our team comprises professionals from different clinical and healthcare backgrounds to provide a holistic approach to the management of diabetes. They include the doctors, diabetes nurses, dieticians, psychologist, exercise trainer and specialist doctors.
- Thyroid Disorders(Management Of The Entire Spectrum Of Thyroid Disorders)
- Adrenal Disorders
- Growth Abnormalities In Children (Evaluation And Treatment Of Growth Disorders In
Children With Short Stature)
- Reproduction Endocrinology (Infertility In Males And Females -Evaluation & Treatment In
Association With Gynaecologist)
- Calcium And Bone Diseases ( Osteoporosis & Other Metabolic Bone Disorders)
- Pituitary Disorders
- Obesity Management (Detailed Evaluation, Investigation And Treatment Of Obesity In Collaboration With Our Nutritionists And Physiotherapists).
- Evaluation For Disorders Of Sexual Development In Children.
- Hormone Replacement Therapy And Various Other Hormonal Disorders.
- Routine Biochemistry
- T3, T4, TSH
- Growth Hormone
- Cortisol, DHEAS, 17 Hydroxyprogesteron
- Urinary Micro-Albuminuria
- Lipid Profile
- Body Composition Analysis
- Assessment Of Autonomic Neuropathy
- Peripheral Vascular Studies
The dietician will assess the lifestyle pattern, eating habits and associated medical conditions. He/she will then work out individualized meal plans and counsel the patient on healthy eating habits. Self blood glucose monitoring is also taught to the patient by our dietician.
It is important for diabetics to exercise, especially if they are overweight or obese. They are counseled regarding the best exercise Programme for them.
The department interacts very closely with the other departments like – Ophthalmology,
Cardiology, Orthopaedics, Neurology , Vascular Surgery, Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Nephrology, etc. in order to provide comprehensive endocrine management. These specialist doctors can be consulted as and when the need arises.